Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Account Advice

I currently have 1 collection account at Kenneth Eisen & Assoc.  They collect for Cox Communications.  I was suprised to find this account as I closed my Cox service in Nov. 2007 and moved out of state.  The collection was placed in Dec. 2007, 1 month after closing the account which had always been in good standing.  The CA has verbally agreed to delete upon payment but will not verify the debt or the deletion arrangements in writing.  Any advice on what to do is appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Account Advice

I WOULD LOOK THEM UP...SEARCH TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS DEALT WITH THEM...I HAVE PAID A CA AFTER THE VERBALLY AGREED TO DELETE....AND IT WORKED OUT GREAT FOR ME...IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE COMPANY...BUT THEY DID SEND ME SOMETHING IN WRITING IN ADDITION...SO YOU SHOULD AND WOULD WANT TO GET A LETTER IN WRITING...IN CASE THEY DON'T...THEN THAT WILL BE PROOF FOR THE CRA..AND THEY WILL DELETE IT...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are not going to work with you. I tried.

For me, it was also Cox but they were saying it was for not returning the box which I actually had to pay for. But it was so old, I had no way to prove..... And the box was long gone.

But trying to get a house so I had no choice but to pay.

So, I had them send me the agreement to delete in writing. They sent it to my email and once I got it, I paid the account.

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shellzscores,

I'm not sure if you noticed but this thread is almost 3 years old.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.