Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account shows as Paid on Equifax, still exists on myFico Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Account shows as Paid on Equifax, still exists on myFico Report

I have a collection account from 2007 that was paid off almost immediately. On my last direct report from  Equifax it shows the status as "Paid", however the collection account still shows up (with no paid status) in myFico. The balance does show correctly at $0, however, is this still affecting my credit score as it is flagged all over the report as having a negative collection on file? Is this like the others that just need to "fall off" after several years? or something I should dispute and request removal?

Also, do I have to buy the report all over again through equifax to get the report number so I can dispute online? Why is there no report number supplied through myFico as they are just taking the report and reformatting it to look pretty and display it on here?

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection Account shows as Paid on Equifax, still exists on myFico Report

Collections are negative, paid or unpaid.

I have yet to find a report number on a report from here, but it doesn't sound like there's anything to dispute.

It should fall off in 2014.  You can try to get it off early by sending goodwill letters to the reporting party.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! Thanks for the info. And good point, I guess there isn't anything to dispute on this account. I will look into sending a goodwill letter as recommended.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
mrfulloluv
Valued Member

I was reading your post and have recently undertook credit repair myself. It looks like you may be interested in having this CA removed?

You can always write a GW letter, as getting previously PAID debts removed from your report can often times be acheived via 2 ways (no promises):

1. CMRRR GW letter to CA (Note: The CA doesn't  have any obligation to respond to GW letters)

2.  GW E-mail  addressed to  high level contacts with the CA  (These can be find by googling or PM from other users on these forums)

These options are 100% legal and under your legal rights under the FCRA. You won't be disputing accurate info, as it sounds like you acknowledge this being your debt. However you can make a personalized letter requesting the CA to DELETE this TL from your CR.

As a gesture of GoodWill or blatant kindness. It is hit or miss and there are no gurantees! However I have found with a good GW letter, some patience, and persistence, you can achieve this goal!

Especially with the account details being reported incorrectly, although you may not have a valid dispute, since Collections look bad Paid or Unpaid. The best option is to have this item DELETED from your CR with a GW letter.

Some CA are easier to GW than others, and there are several template letters posted throughout this forum. Try doing a search for "GW Template" or look at "Frequently Requested Threads"

Good luck with this item and I hope this helps!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.