Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account with collection agency shown as numbers and letters

tag
Anne1208
Regular Contributor

Collection Account with collection agency shown as numbers and letters

My husband has four collections accounts - two orthopedic surgeon bills that have been paid, a time warner that has been paid, and a medical device bill for $46 (from same time as two ortho bills), which is only being reported on Equifax, it is unpaid, and the collection agency is simply shown as "636YC00000"

What the heck is this? even if he wants to pay it, who would he contact? Assuming he figures out who to contact, if he called them and said "I will only pay it if you remove it" would that be the way to go?

Or should he just leave it? We will be trying to buy a house in 12-24 months so i dont want any unpaids on any of his reports if it'll hurt us, but i also dont want his score to drop if paying it will cause that. 

Thanks!

Starting Score: January 2014 Experian: 713 Equifax: 668 Transunion: 691
December 2015 Score: Experian: 766 Equifax: 751 Transunion: 759
October 2018 Score: Transunion:735

Goal Score: 800’s across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Account with collection agency shown as numbers and letters

@Anne1208 wrote:

My husband has four collections accounts - two orthopedic surgeon bills that have been paid, a time warner that has been paid, and a medical device bill for $46 (from same time as two ortho bills), which is only being reported on Equifax, it is unpaid, and the collection agency is simply shown as "636YC00000"

What the heck is this? even if he wants to pay it, who would he contact? Assuming he figures out who to contact, if he called them and said "I will only pay it if you remove it" would that be the way to go?

Or should he just leave it? We will be trying to buy a house in 12-24 months so i dont want any unpaids on any of his reports if it'll hurt us, but i also dont want his score to drop if paying it will cause that. 

Thanks!

Equifax does this sometimes - they forget to "decode" the furnishers account number. There should still be a contact number and address.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you getting that from Credit Karma?  The BF had a med collection lthat reported that way on CK, but as an actual CA on his real report.  Pull the actual report and google HIPAA method

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anne1208 wrote:

Thanks!

Equifax does this sometimes - they forget to "decode" the furnishers account number. There should still be a contact number and address.

A google search indicates that may be "Alliance One/CBT Credit Service"

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The debt collector was required to have sent dunning notice, withni which they must disclose how to contact them to request debt validation.

Their dunning notice should have provided adequate information to contact them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.