Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Account

I have a collection on my report for $91 for an at&t account. The CA is Enhanced Recovery and I've read on the forums they rarely do Pfd. Could I contact at&t and try to pay them directly to recall the collection or is that allowed? I will pay either way I would just prefer to have it removed.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Account

This is how I dealt with mine. I filed a dispute with the BBB and had the collection removed. I had never received anything from Enhanced Recovery, prior to this having been placed on my report. They removed it. I then contacted them and settled it after verification, with the condition that it would not get re-reported.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to make sure I'm clear on this... You contacted ERC after it was removed and settled with them?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just want to make sure I'm clear on this... You contacted ERC after it was removed and settled with them?

If you don't do this, the item is almost sure to re-appear 6 months to a year down the road, often with a different CA.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both. I will contact the BBB today!
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the improper business practice that will be asserted as basis for a BBB complaint?

The collection appears accurate.

I would not become confrontational at this point.  I would contact the credit and inquire as to whether they will withdraw the collection and accept payment directly from you.

If they terminate the collection prior to your payment, then the debt collector is required per CRA policy to delete their collection.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.