Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Accounts Frustrating On Credit Reports

tag
bella1013
Contributor

Collection Accounts Frustrating On Credit Reports

Supposedly when a company reviews your credit report, they see the OC and CA as one account. Well, not in my experience. I technically have 2 bad debts on my reports. It lists my total derogatory accounts number at 5 because of the OC CA and a judgement for one of the accounts. When applying for CC, they are not looking at it as only 2 bad debts. They look at it as 5. Ugh! What to do!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection Accounts Frustrating On Credit Reports

When you have a CO or collections and both the OC and the CA are reporting that would be 2 negative accounts.  Each is scored on their own.  If you have a judgment, that is another negative and is scored separately from the other 2.  So you have a total of 3, not 5.

If you have anything that has only late payments those will also be considered adverse.

Message 2 of 3
bella1013
Contributor

Re: Collection Accounts Frustrating On Credit Reports

That is what I thought.  I had two denials and when I called, the companies told me the same thing.  "Well, you have 6 bad accounts."  I had to explain to them that one is OC, one is CA, etc.  Just upsetting that unless I speak to someone and explain it, they will assume it's 5 seperate bad debts.  Thanks for your response!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.