cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Accounts Removed from my CP, why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Accounts Removed from my CP, why?

@Anonymous wrote:
Agree with BigA1975

If you have the money to pay or settle with OC and the OC isn't on your reports, now is the time to do it. Just confirm it hasn't been reassigned to another CA yet

I would still proceed with this even if it has been reassigned if you can - because the first thing the new CA would do is send a dunning notice, which you can respond to with a debt validation request - in the event you've already settled the debt, it won't be valid, and therefore should not end up being reported by the new CA

Message 11 of 18
wilmer007
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Agree with BigA1975

If you have the money to pay or settle with OC and the OC isn't on your reports, now is the time to do it. Just confirm it hasn't been reassigned to another CA yet

i have no interest in paying it off as the 7 years will be up in 2018 anyway and after that it can't be reported any longer. in the state of florida i am not legally obligated to pay it and i won't when after 2018 i gain no benefits by paying it. they even called me one time after they got my new number and i told them "stop wasting your time and mine as i am not going to pay it when the statue of limitations has already expired".

*****|$15,200|********|$13,500|***********|$5,000|*********|$25,000|***********|$500|
Highest Scores: Transunion 08: 821 | Equifax VantageScore 3.0: 780 | Experian 08: 804 | gardening until May 2018 or longer.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My OC was Cap 1 and it is no longer reporting. It is my understanding that PRA does not resell debt. Would it be in my best interest to contact them and settle before they re-insert the debt, or just keep my fingers crossed that it never shows up again? It's set to fall off reports 9/18. Hoping Donnie Or RobertEG might weigh in on this one.
Message 13 of 18
Truth316
New Contributor

PRA just got deleted from my account Also. I wonder what's going on...???
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jumping in here, as two of my PRA accounts were removed within the last week. Hoping they stay gone as I received a 30 point increase. OC for both accounts are not reporting charge offs for me.

PRA is not allowed to sell their accounts, so that shouldn't be a concern. However, I assume they can reinsert them? I am not sure what the legalities are in that situation.

Hoping they remain gone for all of us that this happened to!
Message 15 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The fact that PRA is under a consent agreement not to resell debt that they now own is acutally to the possible detriment of the consumer, as sale of the debt would mandate that they delete any reported collection.  That possibility is not currently possible with PRA-owned debt.

The only restriction upon reinsertion of a deleted collection is if the deletion was the result of a finding in a dispute that the accuracy of the collection was unverified.

Even under that scenario, reinsertion can still occur if the debt collector includes a "certification of accuracy" along with their request to reinsert.

Whether or not they will reinsert is, of course, only speculation.  It is entirely up to the debt collector.

Regardless, there is still reason to pay the debt.  Credit report exclusion does not discharge the debt, and continued presence of an unpaid, delinquent debt could still be basis of future denial of credit.  If applying for a mortgage, you may be asked to disclose all unpaid delinquent debt.  It is always best not to have unpaid, delinquent debt.....

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG Thanks again for the insight and advice!
Message 17 of 18
wilmer007
Contributor

Head's up everyone i just got an alert from Credit Sesame that says the following:

@Anonymous Sesame wrote:
Description
Keep up the good work! A creditor has reported that you recently made a payment on one of your accounts in collection of at least $1.

Next Steps
If you think this is a mistake, please contact the account provider listed.

Details
Total Balance Remaining: $0

i haven't made a payment so this is not accurate. i wonder if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

definately something u want to keep an eye out in your CR as it looks like PRA has either sold the two accounts, written them off as never going to recover, or is simply trying to hurt your CR by reporting a paid collection as oppose to an unverifable debt.

i wonder what RobertEG

*****|$15,200|********|$13,500|***********|$5,000|*********|$25,000|***********|$500|
Highest Scores: Transunion 08: 821 | Equifax VantageScore 3.0: 780 | Experian 08: 804 | gardening until May 2018 or longer.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.