cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agencies agree to delete, is this legit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Agencies agree to delete, is this legit?

This is the same situation I am in. I have three letters and 5 deletions waiting to be removed.... This was great information to upload the letters to expediate this thank you all!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might be wrong but I thought you were not supposed to send those letters through dispute? I would be worried it might actually hold up the deletion.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried pay for delete. They wouldn't do it Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In December 2014, I wrote Xerox State & Local Solutions, a collection agency, disputing a couple of parking tickets in Los Angeles.  I never heard back from Xerox so I initiated a dispute with Experian.  Yesterday I got an alert from Experian about a score change and I noticed the Xerox collection item is no longer reporting.  I'm afraid of the item coming back on my report at some point.  If I pay the parking tickets directly to the City of Los Angeles Parking Bureau, can Xerox thereafter update my Experian report with a "paid in full" trade line?  Any suggestions with how to proceed?  Many thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In December 2014, I wrote Xerox State & Local Solutions, a collection agency, disputing a couple of parking tickets in Los Angeles.  I never heard back from Xerox so I initiated a dispute with Experian.  Yesterday I got an alert from Experian about a score change and I noticed the Xerox collection item is no longer reporting.  I'm afraid of the item coming back on my report at some point.  If I pay the parking tickets directly to the City of Los Angeles Parking Bureau, can Xerox thereafter update my Experian report with a "paid in full" trade line?  Any suggestions with how to proceed?  Many thanks in advance.

First step would be a phone call to the parking bureau.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went there in person yesterday, after a few telephone calls as well, and I don't get a straight answer, even from supervisors.  It also appears that the telephone numbers and even the office I went to yesterday, are "manned" by Xerox--i.e., the parking violations bureau has been outsourced.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also clarify that my goal is to avoid any mention of this on my Experian credit report.  If I didn't mind a "Paid in Full" line on this item in dispute, I would have just apid the tickets after being notified of the collection trade line.  Now that it is, or while it is off, I'm trying to figure out the best way to ensure that it stays off.  Thanks for your response(s).

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.