cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agencies that PFD, and Collection Agencies that do not PFD.

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: CRe: Collection Agencies that PFD, and Collection Agencies that do not PFD.

Way to hijack this thread.....

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 51 of 58
randaljon
Regular Contributor

Well I didn't ask for that lecture.

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 52 of 58
randaljon
Regular Contributor

Professional Debt Mediation does PFD. My collection account was deleted on all 3 CRAs this morning!

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 53 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randaljon wrote:

Well I don't recognize debt collections as valid debts, so I don't see anything unethical in fighting them back.

We all make mistakes, and the credit system is really geared against the consumer, so if you can live with a little fib here and there. Nothing wrong with it. But as a Marine you are used to following the rules and bowing to authority. I have always questioned the authority and I will break rules if I consider them unjust. 

If you made an agreement to pay someone and failed to follow through on your agreement, your debtor has the legal right to sell your debt to another.  He takes a loss when he does that, btw, so your actions are not without consequences to others.

The debt would indeed be valid if you entered into an agreement to pay it and if you failed to honor your commitment, and it was sold to another

It would be great if we could all write our own rules, but it just doesn't work out that way.

If it did, I could say I don't recognize the calories in my super fudgy Dairy Queen Blizzard.  Smiley Very Happy

PFD is a great opportunity to work through past mistakes.  This thread is helpful in letting people know which CA's historically do PFD's.

edit for spelling, as usual Smiley Indifferent

Message 54 of 58
Fibercus

Message 55 of 58
wannamortgage
Established Member

I have 2 accounts with Professional Debt Mediation.  I sent a PFD letter about a month ago with no reponse.   Did you call them to set up the PFD??  I may have to do that as they are not reponsding to my letters.  Great Thread  thanks for the info. 

Message 56 of 58
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

The process can unforunately take a while. I sent a PFD letter to a company a few months ago and started getting really annoyed they didn't respond.

Then outta nowhere I got a letter agreeing to it.

I haven't had a ton of luck by calling and offering that, but you can always try.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 57 of 58
turbotim

So I am in the process of doing major credit repair to both my wifes and my cr's. 

So far the following do:

Sequoia Financial

Credit Management Inc

Stellar Recovery

Central Financial

Credit Collection Services

CBE Group

I have found that the initial contact will result in a no, but if you ask for a supervisor then another supervisor the 3rd or 4th supervisor will do a PFD.

BTW Metro Bureau Collections will not this guy Steve Clark is a absolute d*ck. He swears up and down its againts federal law to delete any account for a PFD.

Cheers,

Tim

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.