cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agencies that PFD, and Collection Agencies that do not PFD.

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection Agencies that PFD, and Collection Agencies that do not PFD.

I have had PFD success with two local CAs

Healthcare Collections LLC and Grant & Weber Arizona Inc

Most of my other deletes were due to DV letters

Cathleen

Message Edited by azsassycat on 03-20-2008 03:06 PM
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 11 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

DEBT RECOVERY SOLUTIONS: Will not pay for delete, but will not continue reporting once you dispute through CRA after payment/settlement. LVNV FUNDING: Will not pay for delete, but will not continue reporting once you dispute through CRA after payment/settlement. -ivyalmighty
Message 12 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nelnet and ECMC will not (student loans) even after paid in fullSmiley Sad
Message 13 of 58
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Can we get this one marked sticky? This is a great thread topic.
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

ivyalmighty wrote:
DEBT RECOVERY SOLUTIONS: Will not pay for delete, but will not continue reporting once you dispute through CRA after payment/settlement. LVNV FUNDING: Will not pay for delete, but will not continue reporting once you dispute through CRA after payment/settlement. -ivyalmighty

Given this statement...Im confused. I have a Judgement for an account at LVNV. I just paid it and they faxed (LVNV) me a letter that the account was satisfied. They said they will report to the CRAs within a month and send a Release of Judgement to the court.

Are you saying the info that i was given by LVNV was not true?

Please confirm..

THanks
Message 15 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the following to do PFD via telephone this week. All sent letters immediately.

RJM Associates ($343 settlement on $571 bal)
Collection Connection ($78)
BCA Financial ($273)

I could NOT get NCO to budge. I wound up paying settlement and am now wtg for CR updates.

Now...if I can just get the bureaus to remove... ugggh! Only TU has removed one so far. Plus, I paid off 3 others and none of them are showing paid yet even though I faxed proof a week ago.
Message 16 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody know about these 2 CAs. Both refuse to put in writing PFD.
Professional Recovery Company PRC
and
Credit Solutions?
Message 17 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shadow,

What the LVNV folks told me, was that they will not honor a PFD letter. They will just not bother to deal w/ you or the credit bureau once you've paid them.

SO, whether you settle or PIF, go to your credit report and DISPUTE once it has posted as PAID. I simply typed "This account has been paid in full. Please delete". Within two weeks it was gone because LVNV doesn't take the time to *verify* accounts once they've gotten their money.

So, it's kind of a passive PFD. Pay them, then dispute on your reports, and they will let it be deleted.
Message 18 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info....But the judgement itself will still stay for 7 years i belive. I don't think it will be deleted. Just the account info related to the judgement. If i can get these guys to agree to sign a release of judgement form and forward it to the courthouse then i might get this **bleep** judgement deleted.

Thanks

ivyalmighty wrote:
Shadow,

What the LVNV folks told me, was that they will not honor a PFD letter. They will just not bother to deal w/ you or the credit bureau once you've paid them.

SO, whether you settle or PIF, go to your credit report and DISPUTE once it has posted as PAID. I simply typed "This account has been paid in full. Please delete". Within two weeks it was gone because LVNV doesn't take the time to *verify* accounts once they've gotten their money.

So, it's kind of a passive PFD. Pay them, then dispute on your reports, and they will let it be deleted.

Message 19 of 58
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Can we get this one marked sticky? This is a great thread topic.

I second that idea, stickied and then Pizza should be forced to go through the new posts each week and update the first post with the two lists Smiley Wink and maybe throw in some happy face tallies on the acceptance list just to brighten it up hehe
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.