Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency Help (AFNI)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency Help (AFNI)

Hello I received a letter from AFNI, Inc trying to collect on an old cell phone bill from T Mobile.  They said I owed T Mobile $338 but would settle for $100.

I sent them a debt validation letter and they replied back.   The sent me the original T Mobile bill  that states $338 was due on 12/14/2004 for service charges from 10/18/2004 - 11/18/2004.

I remember having T Mobile service back then but never received any notices from T Mobile and there are no negative items on any of my reports from T Mobile.

Should I pay AFNI, Inc the $100?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Agency Help (AFNI)

I'd offer a PFD. But they have been known to GW later if you can't get a PFD (they GW'ed me).

Message 2 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello I received a letter from AFNI, Inc trying to collect on an old cell phone bill from T Mobile.  They said I owed T Mobile $338 but would settle for $100.

I sent them a debt validation letter and they replied back.   The sent me the original T Mobile bill  that states $338 was due on 12/14/2004 for service charges from 10/18/2004 - 11/18/2004.

I remember having T Mobile service back then but never received any notices from T Mobile and there are no negative items on any of my reports from T Mobile.

Should I pay AFNI, Inc the $100?

Thanks,

I couldn;t get AFNI to accept a PFD, so I contacted the original creditor, paid them,

Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

This item will be past the credit reporting time period in july 2012 so it may never show on your reports....
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Isn't the SOL past on this anyway?

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was thinking....I would do a pay for delete but there are no negative items on my credit report to delete.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lois5669 wrote:

Isn't the SOL past on this anyway?

SOL is the time frame where you can be sued for the debt.  It's different than the date it is not longer on your credit report.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.