cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency Reporting as Installment Account?

tag
CBattle
Established Member

Collection Agency Reporting as Installment Account?

So I finally worked up the courage to view my Experian report today and saw this under the list of "Current Accounts":

Credit Account - Rent Recovery Solutions

Date Opened:  Dec 2011

Date of Last Activity:  Jun 2013

Loan Type:  Collection Department/Agency/Attorney

Terms: Unknown

Account Type: Installment

Account Holder: Individual

Seven Year Payment History:

30 days late - 0 times

60 days late - 0 times

90+ days late - 5 times (Jun 2013, May 2013, Apr 2013, Mar 2013, Feb 2012)

They are reporting "Ok" payment history from Mar 2012 - Feb 2013.  The problem with this is they are already reporting this as a Collection on my report.  The balance is at $0 and I never once discussed a payment plan with them.  I PiF after trying for months to get a PFD I said forget it and just paid because I needed it at $0 balance to get approval for a new apartment.

Is this legal to double report?  Is a CA allowed to report as an installment account?  I already had a GW in the mail before I saw this today.

Starting 2/27/13 - EQ: 608 (Beacon 5, FICO) ; TU: 566 (Classic 04, FICO) ; EX: 560 (Fair Isaac V2, FICO)
Update 8/14/13 - EQ: 605 (FICO) ; TU: 621 (FICO) ; EX: 605 (FICO)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection Agency Reporting as Installment Account?

What do you mean to report double?

A CA cannot report as an installlment nor can they report lates.  It looks like your report is from myFICO, is that correct?

ETA:  Maybe not from myFICO as there is a 7 year payment history.  

Message 2 of 4
CBattle
Established Member

This CA is already reporting as a Collection and also as an installment account on my EX report.  This was pulled from MyFICO and I know that sometimes the MyFICO data can get jumbled up but this is a collection in 2 different places on my report.

Starting 2/27/13 - EQ: 608 (Beacon 5, FICO) ; TU: 566 (Classic 04, FICO) ; EX: 560 (Fair Isaac V2, FICO)
Update 8/14/13 - EQ: 605 (FICO) ; TU: 621 (FICO) ; EX: 605 (FICO)
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Got it.

The CA is in two different places?  No, they cannot do that. 

I would get a report from the CRA to see what is on there first.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.