cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency Won't Delete Record - All Hope Lost?

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Collection Agency Won't Delete Record - All Hope Lost?

Hey, Is there a way that, after my payment goes through, I can have the credit reports delete it? Or is it just going to sit there for 7 gd years? I really hate these soul-less companies, I really do.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Agency Won't Delete Record - All Hope Lost?

jbh wrote:
Hey, Is there a way that, after my payment goes through, I can have the credit reports delete it? Or is it just going to sit there for 7 gd years? I really hate these soul-less companies, I really do.

No, the CRA will not delete once you pay.

If the CA won't accept a PFD, and you decide to pay, continue to send GW letters once it is paid asking them to remove.

What is the DOFD?
Message 2 of 16
jbh
Established Contributor

This came into existence in June of '08. And Asset made it clear they do NOT delete records. So I'll have it listed as 'paid' for 7 years, but it'll sit there. Terrific. God, these companies suck. You can't make mistakes. I mean, a sleeper cell from Al Queda can get a gd loan but a person who works hard can't make one **bleep** mistake.
Message 3 of 16
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi jbh,

Do a search on here for Asset Acceptance... I KNOW I have heard of people having success with them...  Don't ever give up hope... You would be surprised what perserverance can do... I had 8 collections on my CR's, now I have 1 and the OC agreed to have it removed... there is hope...

Good Luck!

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I have performed a search but the only replies I have seen so far confirm that they do not co-operate. Was there really an account they had deleted through PFD's? They seemed intent on saying no. It's as if they get joy out of saying no Smiley Wink Thanks
Message 5 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Keep with the GWs and if that doesn't work, send them a DV and they could delete.
Message 6 of 16
Donks3369
Established Contributor

So you can send a DV letter on an account you have already paid?
Message 7 of 16
jbh
Established Contributor

I'm curious, are there ways to contact the original source (Ballys) to delete it or is it something only collection agencies have the power to do? Thanks
Message 8 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Donks3369 wrote:
So you can send a DV letter on an account you have already paid?

The link includes recent success stories of DVing a paid CA which resulted in a delete. To add to the list, schoolbuskid recently got a CA to delete after paying without a PFD.
Message 9 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jbh wrote:
I'm curious, are there ways to contact the original source (Ballys) to delete it or is it something only collection agencies have the power to do? Thanks

It is possible if Ballys still owns the debt. It would depend on the agreement between OC and CA.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.