Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency and fraud packet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency and fraud packet?

There are two T-Mobile accounts in collection with ERC on my credit report. Both accounts were opened back to back and they are not mine. I know I will probably get lectured for this, but I called them (from a throw-away phone number, never once acknowledged the debt or gave out my ssn or address) to get info on how they were opened and see how to get them deleted. Spoke with a supervisor, he said he would send me a fraud packet (to a PO box) for me to fill out and send to T-Mobile and be able to get it removed. Has anyone heard of this? I hope I didn't mess anything up, it's already reporting as open anyway so I'm guessing they can't update negatively any more than it already is.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection Agency and fraud packet?

Yes,, they are suggersting that you pursue the FCRA process set forth in section 605B as a means to block the information from your credit reportt provided you follow the procedure of asserting that you never authorized the account/transactins.

Check out the sticky post at the top of the General Credit issues forum and review FCRA 605B for details of the identity theft process.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Agency and fraud packet?

Thanks. I just filed a report with the FTC, I will do the police report Monday.

You don't think they could update anything that would hurt my score with the limited information I gave them, do you? I've brought my score up so much and I will be so upset if I screwed up now.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.