cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency phone discussion question.

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection Agency phone discussion question.

It was a mistake admitted by them.  Not the same thing as intentionally putting something on your CR then lying about it. 

Message 11 of 35
nocreditmaster
New Visitor

No they did put it there intentionally, but when pressed and questioned (over the phone), it was labeled as a “mistake”. That’s why I would never communicate with another collection or debt recovery firm unless it was in writing.

It took me 6 years to go from a credit score of 409 to 881. Some of the things that happened were in my control, some not. But I do know first-hand what worked for me.

Message 12 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 13 of 35
nocreditmaster
New Visitor

YES 881

How do I insert a screen shot?

Message 14 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 15 of 35
legacys7
Regular Contributor

What you described reminds me of a zombie debt that is no longer in the credit bureau's system, but the debt collectors will attempt to put it back on there via phone conversation. Funny because that crossed my mind when I was talking to her (the lady on the phone.) about my initial debt and this old debt from the 1990's comes into the conversation. I'd told her that I don't remember the debt, but she played it cool as if she was warning me, helping me and adding that I can either pay it or ignore it due to it being a debt that's far beyond the 7 year old debt. So I'd asked what is the account number so that I can see it and called the actual source of this so called debt. 

Message 16 of 35
nocreditmaster
New Visitor

Give me another way.. I can cut but it won' let me paste

Message 17 of 35
nocreditmaster
New Visitor

Message 18 of 35
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@nocreditmaster wrote:

This is the best I can do at the moment.

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/spyder1234_bucket/media/SCORE.png.html?sort=3&o=0

It's a FAKO called a VantageScore.

ETA...it runs on a scale of 501-990 vs. FICO's 300-850.

Message 19 of 35
nocreditmaster
New Visitor

This comes directly from TU. It's not fake. In fact when I got my Simmons First Credit Card the numbers matched exactly. So say what you will.  

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.