Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency sent deletion letter, Experian won't remove it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency sent deletion letter, Experian won't remove it

Could really use some insight. Let's hear some success stories!! Gotta keep up the will to persist. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection Agency sent deletion letter, Experian won't remove it

They will... After upto 45 days.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

is Re: Collection Agency sent deletion letter, Experian won't remove it

There is no special "deletion letter" that the debt collector needs to send, and no CRA discretion involved.

If the debt collector reports a deletion code to the CRA, it is deleted.  End of story.

Are you sure the debt collector actually promised deletion of their collection, or just to update it to "paid?"

Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: is Re: Collection Agency sent deletion letter, Experian won't remove it

Know the facts....Have the CA send you a copy  the letter, that they sent to EX.

That way you know for sure, if the CA is telling you the truth.Smiley Wink

mm mmm, the CA sent a letter??? I thought the CA's handle these sort of  things over the computer. Maybe the CA did sent a letter, I just thought it was weird.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.