Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Balance Still Showing Up on My Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Balance Still Showing Up on My Account

Hello. I am looking for a little direction and advice concerning a collection issue. I had a collection of 1261 that I settled for 850. However, the balance of 491 is showing up as in collection on my credit report. Any advice on how to get this removed? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Balance Still Showing Up on My Account

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello. I am looking for a little direction and advice concerning a collection issue. I had a collection of 1261 that I settled for 850. However, the balance of 491 is showing up as in collection on my credit report. Any advice on how to get this removed? Thanks!

By law it must be zereoed out, file a CFPB complaint on the reporting creditor. Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection Balance Still Showing Up on My Account

I would suggest giving it one more billing cycle.

Your payment may have been automatically processed by their billing department as a partial payment prior to final reporting of the settlement, and thus $0 balance.

It may soon be followed by final processing and update to $0 without need for a complaint or dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.