Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection,Charge Off, Paid

tag
sailon
Valued Member

Collection,Charge Off, Paid

I had a lease on a car. Traded the car with 1 year left on lease. The F&I man called the lease company and got the pay-off. The dealership paid the lease off. Three months later I get a call from a CA telling me I owed money on the car. I told the CA the dealership got the pay-off and paid the off the lease and if there was a balance the dealership owed. The CA continued to call me and I finally paid the balance($100). The CA reported to the CB's(all 3) the loan was collection, charge off, paid. Any advice on how to get this removed from my CR's?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection,Charge Off, Paid

I don't have the exact answer you're looking for, but I had a similar experience.

I turned in a lease 4 months early.  I received a bill after it was turned in as well as calls from GMAC stating my payment was past due.  I called the dealership (Saturn) and GMAC every day until it was fixed on my CRs.  The dealership dropped the ball, I found out, by not submitting the proper change of responsibility forms.  It was a PITA, but I was not about to let them throw me under the bus for their mistake.  (I guess I was lucky I caught it early and the phone calls from them started quickly.)  I also had some frustrations waiting for the car to be sold at an auction -- it seems that GMAC couldn't really close the 'deal' until it was out of their vault inventory.

However, I was aware that there was a possibility that I would incur some fees for wear and tear.  Could that possibly be what the 100 dollar charge was for?  In my case they eyeballed the car for an initial inspection, but the actual post-lease inspection took place a few days later.

Sorry to hear you had a problem - hope someone else chimes in with suggestions.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection,Charge Off, Paid

If its a paid collection, charge off, you need to send them a GW letter asking for removal...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.