Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Closed.. Need help to remove this

tag
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection Closed.. Need help to remove this

@RobertEG wrote:

mpower, tread very lightly on an unpaid CA until you know you are out of SOL, and thus not subject to legal actioln.

What are the relevanct account dates?  Start with your DOFD on the OC account.

Are you still within SOL?

I have a question about this.  I have received dunning notices recently from several CA on debts on which the SOL has not expired yet. Most of these are due to the debt being sold to another CA.   I have sent them DV letters and I know that during this time they must cease all collection activity.  I could PIF if I had to, but really don't want to, ....am hoping to get them to agree to a PFD to settle for a lesser amount. Is it best to just leave these alone until the SOL expires?  You can still DV a CA even if it is not right within the 30 days after first receiving the dunning notice, correct?  I know that if you do that you don't have the cease collection activity period.  I am just wondering if it is best to just leave these alone until the SOL expires.  

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.