Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Company Of America PFD and DV Result

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Collection Company Of America PFD and DV Result

I am sort of baffled by this, but here is a summary.  I sent a PFD email to an executive office at EOS CCA, a.k.a. Collection Company of America.  In the email I asked if they would PFD, and if not, would they please send me a DV.  They did, in fact send out the DV promptly.  I just checked my Equifax report and the collection has been removed.  Maybe this is an anomoly but I am really interested why they would stop reporting it.  If they simply don't report for a month or however long,  it still stays on there, but it is actually gone from the report.  I live in MA, SOL is 6 years, that 6 years ends in October.   So they have about a month to take me to court, and it is only over a matter of $400, so I don't think they will.   Any insight on this situation will be helpful.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Re: Collection Company Of America PFD and DV Result

and on a side note, I have scorewatch on MyFico.com, I was not alerted of this change to my report.  I was checking my report through Equifax's own website.  As they were the only agency it was being reported to.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 2 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

You wouldn't get a SW if something gets deleted.  At least I didn't when i had 4 different accounts deleted.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 6
FicoTron
Established Contributor

but this is a collection account, why wouldn't that at least change my score, triggering the alert?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 4 of 6
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Sounds like the collection account was old, not causing as much damage to your score.  Also, if you have additional collections, wouldn't make much of a score difference either.  What impact this collection has on your score depends on the remaining contents of your score. 

You don't always get the score alerts.  With scorewatch, it's best to set your goal score to your current score.  So then even an increase of one point will trigger an alert. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 5 of 6
FicoTron
Established Contributor

right, but wouldn't it be a -1 on my total accounts?

anyway, this is odd but i just got a letter from EOS/CCA saying that this account has been closed and that they are removing this from all bureaus and sending it back to the creditor that sent it to them.  I'm not sure if this means it will pop back up on my report under another CA trying to get the money but it looks like sending them the PFD/DV shook them off...weird.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.