Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Date of Open Versus Last Date Reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Date of Open Versus Last Date Reported

My boyfriend  had a major health event back in 2000 and did avoluntary repossession of a mobile home he lived in. I'm wondering why this is remaining on his credit? According to Credit Karma this how it shows. Please help me what am I missing. This is the only bad thing he has on his credit

Reported---Oct 1, 2010

Opened -July 1 ,2000

Date last reported Oct 2010

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection Date of Open Versus Last Date Reported

What was reported in 2010?

If the reporting relates to a collection, they were required to have reported the date of first delinquency (DOFD) that occured on the OC account within 90 days after they reported their collection.

That DOFD must be in his credit file, and sets the begin of the credit report exclusion peirod of no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

If the loan became delinquent back in 2000, then any collection should have long passed its credit report exclusion date.

Does his report show the DOFD?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Date of Open Versus Last Date Reported

Credit Karma doesn't show the DOFD he has an old credit report from the beginning of the year we try to find and use it to dispute

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.