Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Deleted Off TU

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Collection Deleted Off TU

Hi everyone!  I bombarded First Credit Services in NJ a bunch of GWs after I paid them and they refused to report that I paid after months; this was in regards to a stupid $251 Retro Gym collection on my TU report which was being reported as collection. They kept hanging up on me, etc. I contacted Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about my problem and filed a dispute.  A couple days later I sent a certified dispute letter to TU. Well lo and behold TU got back to be stating "this account is not listed on your credit report"..  I then updated my TU fako and today it gave me +16 points and is listing 0 accounts in collections.  I have one bad account to go :-)

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: Collection Deleted Off TU

@tfkallday wrote:

Hi everyone!  I bombarded First Credit Services in NJ a bunch of GWs after I paid them and they refused to report that I paid after months; this was in regards to a stupid $251 Retro Gym collection on my TU report which was being reported as collection. They kept hanging up on me, etc. I contacted Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about my problem and filed a dispute.  A couple days later I sent a certified dispute letter to TU. Well lo and behold TU got back to be stating "this account is not listed on your credit report"..  I then updated my TU fako and today it gave me +16 points and is listing 0 accounts in collections.  I have one bad account to go :-)

Congrats on the success

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Deleted Off TU

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.