Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Deleted

tag
JWest
Regular Contributor

Collection Deleted

I had EOS-CCA deleted through BBB complaint, my question is will my score improve after  this gets deleted or since it was only $91 it won't impact my fico score?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection Deleted

That will depend on what else is in your credit report. 

Do you have any other collections or derogatory marks? 

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
JWest
Regular Contributor

I actually have two other collections and about 3 old charge-offs that's suppose to come in 2015 but have had positive history for the last 15 mounths

Message 3 of 7
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

I'd be surprised if you saw a significant increase with those still lingering out there. 

Are your other collections/CO's paid?

Perhaps you could attempt PFD for the unpaid and GW the heck out of the CA/OC for delete. 

Message 4 of 7
JWest
Regular Contributor

Everything is paid it's just the seven year time period I have to wait for things to fall off wish I could speed it up
Message 5 of 7
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Have you treid GW letters asking for removal before the 7 year period is up?

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@JWest wrote:

I had EOS-CCA deleted through BBB complaint, my question is will my score improve after  this gets deleted or since it was only $91 it won't impact my fico score?

How long has it been on your CR?  The newer the collection the more bump you should see.  However. it is dependent on your entire credit profile.

But, a collection placed last month will gain more points than one from 4 years ago.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.