Collection Deleted....

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

Re: Collection Deleted....

Good feeling!!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 11 of 16
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:

What's going on Fish? I was wondering if I could ask you a question regarding the collection you had deleted.

I had a T-Mobile account collection with RPM, which was paid in full and the CA agreed to delete (long story...it was a joint account). They told me about 3 weeks ago that they requested deletion from all three CRAs, but still nothing. RPM did provide me with a letter in which they confirmed the deletion request. My question is, how did you approach the CRA to request the over-the-phone deletion? This was not really a PFD, so I don't want it to appear that way to the CRAs. Did you send a letter to them or called?

Any help is apprreciated.

Okay so I faxed the GW letter for deletion and called today to followup. The CSR told me they don't delete and blahblah, so I asked for a supervisor and I got transferred, no one answered so I left a detailed message for the reason I was calling. They called me back like an hour later, he asked me what I was seeking and I told him. I also told him I had contacted Tmobile regarding the debt and they told me to contact the CA and he was quiet for a while, I guess looking things up and then said okay I'm submitting this for deletion but it will take a few days to get a confirmation number, you will also get something in the mail saying I'm requesting to get this removed from all 3 credit bureaus. I told him thank you sooo much and he said he hope I'd have a good weekend.

I sure will!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 12 of 16
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@OneDay_750 wrote:

What's going on Fish? I was wondering if I could ask you a question regarding the collection you had deleted.

I had a T-Mobile account collection with RPM, which was paid in full and the CA agreed to delete (long story...it was a joint account). They told me about 3 weeks ago that they requested deletion from all three CRAs, but still nothing. RPM did provide me with a letter in which they confirmed the deletion request. My question is, how did you approach the CRA to request the over-the-phone deletion? This was not really a PFD, so I don't want it to appear that way to the CRAs. Did you send a letter to them or called?

Any help is apprreciated.

Okay so I faxed the GW letter for deletion and called today to followup. The CSR told me they don't delete and blahblah, so I asked for a supervisor and I got transferred, no one answered so I left a detailed message for the reason I was calling. They called me back like an hour later, he asked me what I was seeking and I told him. I also told him I had contacted Tmobile regarding the debt and they told me to contact the CA and he was quiet for a while, I guess looking things up and then said okay I'm submitting this for deletion but it will take a few days to get a confirmation number, you will also get something in the mail saying I'm requesting to get this removed from all 3 credit bureaus. I told him thank you sooo much and he said he hope I'd have a good weekend.

I sure will!

Glad you made some progress with RPM.  They actually emailed my deletion letter.  I'm still waiting for the CRAs too actually delete.  

Be sure you get the confirmation number from RPM, so you can follow up with the CRAs later.  Hope your TL and mine gets deleted soon.  

I'm growing impatient.  it's been 30 days now.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 13 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 14 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, grats Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice recovery!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.