Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Deletions!

tag
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Collection Deletions!

Okay so here's the skinny,

I have 3 collection accounts, 2 are paid off and the other I'm paying $300 a month on (School debt). Can I get these deleted off my report? I'm very interested in getting the one that I'm actively paying off.

My wife has 1 paid collections that I want to get removed as well. I was successful with her other paid collection by writing some letters.

Any help with this would be great! I'm sure there's a sample letter thread somewhere!

Also what kind of bump can I expect to see to our scores?

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Deletions!

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

For the paid collections, send a GW letter asking if they wouldn't mind deleting.

For the unpaid, make sure you have 100% of the balance saved up and be willing to pay in full. Continue making the payments as agreed, but send them a PFD letter. If they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete. But even if they reject or don't respond to the PFD, keep making those payments on time as promised. You wouldn't want to void any agreement due to a missed payment, especially if there was a settlement involved. You wouldn't want to owe more than before.

For your DW, send a GW.

Score increase? It's possible. YMMV based on what was reporting, how it reports, and your overall credit.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.