tag
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: Collection Dispute Success!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to share that I got the most recent collection account removed from my TU report!! Woo hoo! It was a medical collection from 2014 for $422- not sure where it came from because my insurance covers pretty much everything. Anyway, disputed it yesterday and got the alert that it was removed today! TU score jumped 12 points which is awesome because it was my lowest score! All scores are officially in the orange Smiley Happy

Quick question- this collection was reported to my EQ as well (have seen it on here and the past EQ report that I pulled) but the collection agency shows up on myfico as random letters and numbers and under comments it says "Medical" with the same balance. When I tried to dispute it on EQ it didn't even show up on my EQ report? I know its on there but is there a reason that I can't dispute it? Or is it because the collection agency isn't identified? 

Anyway- all collections will be taken care of by the end of next month!! Thank God!!!

If it is not showing up, how do you know it is on there? I would advise pulling a report directly from Equifax and see if it is on there or not, if you do not see it on there, then it is not there.

I did pull my report directly from EQ on 5/16/15 and it's listed on the report.. but when I try to dispute it online (as of today) it doesn't show up at all. Not sure what's going on? Just because I disputed it with TU doesn't have anything to do with EQ right? 

Depends on the outcome of the dispute.  If the info was inaccurate and/or they updated or deleted, they're required to do the same with any of the other CRAs they're reporting it to.  Sounds like this may have been what happen

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 11 of 15
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Another random question- Do you think a paid charge off from 2009 is worth trying to get removed early? It's a Chase credit card from when I was in college and I had no knowledge of the account.. I think my mom opened it in my name or something. The CL was $500 but it says $0 balance now. Any advice?

Is Chase reporting this?  If so, then a zero balance doesn't mean that there isn't a big collection debt out there somewhere. It could mean that they sold the charge off to a JDB.  Probably out of SOL if it was CO in 2009, depending on your state's SOL time frame.  

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2b2rich wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Another random question- Do you think a paid charge off from 2009 is worth trying to get removed early? It's a Chase credit card from when I was in college and I had no knowledge of the account.. I think my mom opened it in my name or something. The CL was $500 but it says $0 balance now. Any advice?

Is Chase reporting this?  If so, then a zero balance doesn't mean that there isn't a big collection debt out there somewhere. It could mean that they sold the charge off to a JDB.  Probably out of SOL if it was CO in 2009, depending on your state's SOL time frame.  

Yeah Chase is reporting it. It says the high balance was $830... it was paid on time every month with the exception of the last month or two. In the comments it says "Settlement accepted on this account"... It'll fall off in December. When I applied for a Chase card (which I shouldn't have done anyway) they did reference the past C/O in the denial letter. Once it falls off do you think I'll have a chance with Chase?

Message 13 of 15
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah Chase is reporting it. It says the high balance was $830... it was paid on time every month with the exception of the last month or two. In the comments it says "Settlement accepted on this account"... It'll fall off in December. When I applied for a Chase card (which I shouldn't have done anyway) they did reference the past C/O in the denial letter. Once it falls off do you think I'll have a chance with Chase?

I've never had an account with Chase, but I've read that if you're blacklisted by them, they won't do a HP, you will just get a denied letter.  Do you remember if they did a HP or not?  

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2b2rich wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never had an account with Chase, but I've read that if you're blacklisted by them, they won't do a HP, you will just get a denied letter.  Do you remember if they did a HP or not?  

Yup definitely got a HP. I'll probably just avoid Chase for a while ha

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.