Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Free at Last!

tag
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Collection Free at Last!

Well, Equifax finally deleted my one remaining collection. So I am collection free. Even though it took a long time and many disputes, it's finally gone. I feel free at last.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Free at Last!

Congrats  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

How long did it take you?

I had 7 collections on my report in April of this year and after a ton of work I also now have zero collections.

Message 3 of 7
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

I began working on my credit file in November 2013. It took over 6 months just to get my name and address correctly reported on all three reports. This one last collection was the most difficult and was due to drop off in December (even with the incorrect reporting date). I tried many times to settle with the collection agency, but they rebuffed all my offers and continued to report an incorrect orginal date of delinquency. 

There is still one account reporting late payments but the last one was over 43 months ago. It's with Sallie Mae and I have gone through all the options for removal even getitng the advocate involved. So with that one last account, it's just a waiting game.

Through all of this, I conclude that Equifax is by far the most difficult to deal with. Equifax repeatedly deleted one of my oldest acccounts without request by the credtor or me. Right now Equifax is double reporting the account, which is not accurate, but it is certainly better than having a very old and still open account deleted. In sum, I hate Equifax.  

So now, I am focusing on changing the things I can control like utilization and loan balances and not applying for credit.

Message 4 of 7
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 7
kt1010
Valued Member

Congrats!

Last App 12/15 Garden until 12/16 Capital One QS1 ($750) First Premier ($1.4k) Capital One QS ($750) VS Angel Card ($1.6k) Amazon ($700) Kohls ($500)

Starting Score 09/15: EQ 544 TU 590 EX 563
Current Score: EQ 583 TU 613 EX 598
Goal Score: 720 or better

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

Great work. Congratulations!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.