Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Hard Pulled Me

tag
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection Hard Pulled Me

Friends, CMRRR has been sent to the CA (ACI). I want to call my former employer and tell them what's happened. They told me it wouldn't affect my credit report. No escape clause since- I was terminated. I'm not sure what my next steps should be. So far I only see the HP on my report. I want that off. Any thoughts?
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 11 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection Hard Pulled Me

The debt collector had permissible purpose under FCRA 604 to obtain a credit report, provided they had legitimate collection authority, which appears to be the case.

No real basis for getting it removed.

A DV will be timely, and thus invoke a temp cease collection bar since they have never provided dunning notice.

However, the cease collection bar is a bit fragile, as they can send verification at any time, and resume collection activities.

At that point, they can report their collection.

The primary issue, in my opinion, is whether you wish to continue to challenge the debt itself, or to avoid further damage.

If pursuit of the legitimacy of the debt is the path, then a DV is the first step.

Reporting of a collection is likely, as verification seems pro-forma on their part, with the OC clearly affirming the legitimacy of the debt.

As such, a pending DV may in fact act to your disadvantage in avoiding credit reporting, as you cannot negotiate any terms, such as not reporting, with the debt collector until they have provided the requested verification.  It puts the ball entirely in their court, as you are in a state of limbo until they choose to verify.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.