cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection IIB is still being reported as open. Killing my scores?

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Collection IIB is still being reported as open. Killing my scores?

For the last year I haven't missed a payment and have increasted my CL's almost 3 times and my scores haven't budged too much. I noticed while messing around in CK's beta credit report one of my collections that was included in my bankruptcy, is still showing as open. Is this killing my scores? I have since disputed this with all 3 bureaus and waiting on the verdict. For the last 2 months I have called the CRA and asked them to mark it as closed. They said they have.

Advice please.

Personal:

Business:

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IantoJones
Valued Member

Re: Collection IIB is still being reported as open. Killing my scores?

Hi, did you ever resolve this, or find assistance here?

The same thing is happening to me.

Likewise, some previously *positive* (paid on time, no lates, paid in full and then closed by consumer) are now showing IIB.

Thanks for any info/updates!

Starting Score 9/13/14: 570
Current Score 08/12/2021: 798
Goal Score 2021: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection IIB is still being reported as open. Killing my scores?

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

For the last year I haven't missed a payment and have increasted my CL's almost 3 times and my scores haven't budged too much. I noticed while messing around in CK's beta credit report one of my collections that was included in my bankruptcy, is still showing as open. Is this killing my scores? I have since disputed this with all 3 bureaus and waiting on the verdict. For the last 2 months I have called the CRA and asked them to mark it as closed. They said they have.

Advice please.

When was your BK discharged?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.