Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection/Late account

tag
Watio
Established Member

Collection/Late account

I'm relatively new to the forum, and I've been reading and learning a lot of tips and what not to fix my credit. My history is pretty good, except for 2 accounts I had opened up for my brother, then later his GF(I know, stupid of me) anyway. So the accounts in question are in the link below.
http://postimg.org/image/vf1g9pi5v/
My question really is, I know it's messed up, I've read of some people disputing accounts and what not and they sometimes get completely removed? Is that even an option? If it is, how would I go about it? Also, if it gets removed does that change my AAoA even though the accounts are already closed and what not? And last but not least, lol, it was sent to collections and paid. But the collection agency never reported it, or it just goes by the same debt name?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Watio
Established Member

Re: Collection/Late account

To clarify, I'm not disputing the debt.. But is there maybe a loophole that possibly the creditor won't even bother to check if disputed then it could get removed?
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

TLs can only be disputed if their is a valid reason.  There are no loopholes for the removal of a valid debt.

Message 3 of 7
Watio
Established Member

Alright. With that being said, I know it stays 7 years, but is there a certain time where it doesn't affect my score as much? Or does it always effect it just less and less as time goes by?
Message 4 of 7
Watio
Established Member

And why is 1 of them being reported as delinquent?
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Any dispute must identify a specific item of information that is considered to have been inaccurately reported.

The dispute pertains only to that item of information.  You dont dispute an "account" per se.

If the disipute does not document an actual error, it can be dismissed without any need for their investigation, so simply filing a "dispute" does not trigger a 30-day period to investigate and verify the accuracy.

The furnisher always has three options in response to a dispute.  They can verify that the information is accurate as reported, they can correct it so as to overcome the inaccuracy, or if they do neither, they must delete that item until such time as it can be corrected for verified as accurate.

And deletion applies only to the disputed item of information, not other accurate reporting.

Message 6 of 7
Watio
Established Member

I see. Ok, so I've also read about some people getting COs removed from creditors by writing a GW. Any thoughts on this? I wouldn't know where to start or why would they even remove it?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.