cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Letter for CA

tag
xeno101

Collection Letter for CA

I received a letter from Northwest Collectors, INC in regards to an unpaid medical bill for 333.00. It was send to collection by the original creditor on December 06, 2013. Received the letter on DEC 09, 2013. This is basically the letter allowing me to send DV within 30 days to the CA. When I spoke to the CA over the phone they notified me that since it was a recent collection notice they have not as of yet reported it to the Credit Bureaus and I have verified this, so currently its not on my credit report. They stated that if I paid the full amount that they would send me a "Paid In Full" letter via fax or mail after payment. They also stated that since it was still not reported that by paying in full they would not report anything to the credit bureaus as long as I do it before the the 30 days. I insisted that they mail me or fax me a letter verifying that they would provide me a "Paid in Full" before I actually pay the 333. So Im having a hard time believing that they would in fact send me the "Paid in full" after giving them full payment and them not reporting anything to the credit bureaus. I was also thinking about calling back again going through there whole answer of not reporting anything to the Credit bureaus and sending me a paid in full letter so I have evidence to back me up in case they do report or don't send me a paid in full. I tried searching for stories similar to mine but had a hard time so any feedback on how I should handle this, 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection Letter for CA

It's a YMMV kinda thing ask them to email or fax you a PDF sometimes though you have to just take their word for it.  You could also ask to speak to a supervisor but time is of essence so kill this before it gets any tracks

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection Letter for CA

Many collection agencies will not report the TL to the CRAs as long as it is paid within a certain amount of time.  If they said they won't report you, as stated, you may just have to take their word for it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.