Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Nightmare!.... Nationwide Credit Corp

tag
DonnyP05
New Contributor

Collection Nightmare!.... Nationwide Credit Corp

I was at the hospital a few months back. I had received the ER bill and thought everything was paid in full. I then get a letter in the mail from a collection agency. Supposibly their were 2 bills, one for ER and one for the doctor's. I never received that bill from the hospital and wasn't aware of it until I received the letter.

Letter was from Pendrick Capital Partners referring my case to Nationwide Credit Corp.

I called as soon as I received the noticed and paid my bill in full. Letter stated as long as I paid before 40 days nothing would be placed on my credit report.

I placed 316 on my HSA card to close it out and paid the rest with my CC. Well come to find out, this was not the case.A few weeks later  I received an alert saying Nationwide Credit Corp was on my report for a collection account.

I called them back and spoke with the same gentleman the first time, and he stated it was an accounting error on their side and they never ran my first card. So my account was only showing being partially paid. Although I gave this employee BOTH card #'s over the phone and told him the amount to place on each. He then told me everything was all good the first time and gave me a confirmation #.

When I called back the second time, his reasoning was his accounting department like I stated above and they forget to run my card. He told me he spoke with his manager about my case and then told me since it was their fault his manager would have the TL pulled from my credit report and send me a letter confirming this as it was a mistake on their part and they would try running the card again for the remaining balance. I asked him before I you run that card, will this for sure be removed from my report and he said yes, and gave me confirmation.

He told me he would follow up with me on Monday and I never received a call. I check my HSA account last night and card still hasn't been ran yet. TL is also still reporting on my credit report. I have tried to pay this now 2x, and the first time was well withing my time window before having it reported. This all falls back on the collection agency and how unorganized and unprofessional they are. It is now affecting me and my credit.

What options do I have? What is the best route to take on this? I want to call them up and see what the heck is going on, but dont want to end up paying full balance and having it still sit on my report.

Thanks!

Starting Score: 766 EQ, 766 TU, 771 EX
Current Score: 766 EQ, 766 TU, 771 EX
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Nightmare!.... Nationwide Credit Corp

The BBB would be your best course of action, I would give them till next week to actually run the card and close out the collection

Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

Compalint of poor business practice.....

Message 3 of 12
DonnyP05
New Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

The BBB would be your best course of action, I would give them till next week to actually run the card and close out the collection

Do I even bother to try calling them again and asking what the deal is? Or tell them I want this resolved ASAP or I will be filing a BBB complaint towards them? Or just wait it out a week, and if nothing changes, then just file?

Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@DonnyP05 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Do I even bother to try calling them again and asking what the deal is? Or tell them I want this resolved ASAP or I will be filing a BBB complaint towards them? Or just wait it out a week, and if nothing changes, then just file?

Don't bother calling ........File and let them deal with that 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 12
DonnyP05
New Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@DonnyP05 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I'm trying to file with them now. I'm not sure what to file it underneath. Business Privacy Policies and Practices? 

For Nature of complaint I placed reason as Billing or Collection Issues ( Company has failed to correct billing errors)

I'm not sure what to put for Desired settlement though. I'm not sure about the best way to go about this. I just want this problem resovled and this TL off my credit report. It's something that shouldn't even be on it in the first place. It's fault of their own that payment was never take and now their just avoiding the entire issue.

Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DonnyP05 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@DonnyP05 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I'm trying to file with them now. I'm not sure what to file it underneath. Business Privacy Policies and Practices? 

For Nature of complaint I placed reason as Billing or Collection Issues ( Company has failed to correct billing errors)

I'm not sure what to put for Desired settlement though. I'm not sure about the best way to go about this. I just want this problem resovled and this TL off my credit report. It's something that shouldn't even be on it in the first place. It's fault of their own that payment was never take and now their just avoiding the entire issue.

business practice is what you would file under, yup on billing/collection issue and the desired settlement is removal from your CRs.

Message 7 of 12
DonnyP05
New Contributor

I authorize the business to communicate with the BBB about my complaint and disclose to BBB any personal information related to the complaint including the following if applicable: (a) information about a transaction or payment, (b) student records, and (c) information about an alleged debt.

Do I check that box on the summary page? Not sure if its a good idea or not

Message 8 of 12
DonnyP05
New Contributor

Complaint Summary
Complaint Type: Consumer to Business Complaint
Nature of complaint: The company has failed to correct billing errors
Problem description:
I had received notice of a hospital bill that I wasn't aware of had been sent to a collection agency. The agency it was sent to was listed as Nationwide Credit Corporation. Letter stated to take care of balance in full with 40 days or it would be reported to the 3 main credit bureaus. I called to make the full payment on this account well before my 40 days was up. I called in and spoke with a Larry Jones. I told him of my circumstance and he stated that I would be able to pay with my HSA card as it was a medical item. I used entire balance of funds I had available on my HSA account and then paid the difference with my debit card. Both payments were confirmed by this employee and he told me everything was taken care of. He assured me this would not be reported on my credit report. Well about 2 weeks go by and I get an alert saying I had a new collections on my credit report. It was Nationwide Credit Corporation reporting the full balance minus what my debit card payment for balance owed. I called this company back right away and spoke with Larry again, I explained what was happening and he looked into it. Come to find out he stated to me that it was a problem on their end and that their accounting department forgot to run the HSA card information I gave them. Them forgetting to run this card is what caused a unpaid balance on the collection, which in effect, caused it to be reported on my credit report. He apologized for the error and said he would talk with his manager. He came back on the phone after a few minutes and stated that his manager would see that this trade line be removed from my credit report, as well as mail me out a letter stating it was an error on their part and they would take care of it. He also stated to me that he would personally try running the card again on Monday morning (April 7th) , as it was a friday afternoon (April 4th) when I called. I stated that since it had been a couple of weeks, the remaining balance on my HSA account was no longer the full balance needed that he was going to run, that it was a few dollars cheaper. He told me not to worry about it and that he would talk with his manager again. He told me he would run the card for the secondary amount I told him that was available and for the inconvenience he would waive the few additional dollars to close the account out and show as paid. Well another week and a few days went by and I never received a letter in the mail like he told me his manager would send, my HSA card has still yet to be ran so the payment was never taken like they said it would be and this trade line is still reporting on my credit report. This entire problem is the cause of their business practices and their failure to follow through. I gave them all needed information and with enough time to settle problem before it hit my credit report. I would like this resolved.
Desired Settlement: Other (requires explanation)

Desired Outcome:
I would like their trade line removed from my credit report and account showing paid

Complaint Detail
Date of First Problem: 4/4/2014
Have you complained
or contacted the business?
 YES
Date Complained: 4/4/2014
Amount Disputed: 316

I hope this is complete. Not sure if I gave too much information. I haven't submitted it yet.

Message 9 of 12
DonnyP05
New Contributor

I'm not sure if what I put for desired outcome is too riksy. Should I just leave it with I would like their tradeline removed from my credit report? or simply, I would like this item removed from my credit report?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.