Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Question

Ok guys, I need your help.  We are currently in the process of getting a home loan, so I am attempting to clean up my credit.  On my report is a collection from NCO financial.  I called them and was told that the acct is for my daughter from an old hospital bill.  So I called the hospital in regards to the acct and they told me that all acct in my daughters name have $0 balance.  She said that she found the one I was referring to and it showed that I payroll deducted payments for that acct (I worked for this hospital at the time).  Initially she said she would contact NCO and have them mark the acct as paid in full. But I quickly disagreed since this should never have been sent to NCO in the first place if they took payments out of my paychecks.  She said she would have a supervisor call me back.  What should I do? Should I dispute the claim with NCO??? Please help!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Collection Question

How long ago did they say they'd call back ?  I'd give them some time to research it first ~ if they can pressure the CA to remove it from your reports that would be the best option IMO.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.