Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Question ?

tag
lylesvegas
Contributor

Collection Question ?

I had a charge off in 2010 on a hsbc card. In 2011 a CA called me about the account and we worked out a payment plan and i got it paid for in full. Now my question is that old hsbc account shows now its a cap one account and it says it was CO/sold or transfered. Since i did pay the CA should the account also read that its a paid charge off? Thanks for any replies....Also i am going today to settle another card that is at an attorneys office. I talked to them yesterday and the OB was 1600.00 they asked for 1300.00 but i said i could not do that right now and he said they would take any offer to the CA that hired them. Should i ask for anything besides making sure that the account im paying for will show a paid for CO?

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Question ?

The OC probably sold the CC to the CA. They probably reported as a sold CO prior to payment. Regardless, "paid charge-off" is the same as "was a CO/sold or transferred" in the eyes of lenders and FICO. Definitely send a GW.

On the other CC, make sure you have 100% saved, and then offer whatever you want $1000, or even less. That's your call. Instead of focusing on a Paid CO mention on your CR, aim for a deletion instead. Send your settlement offer in the form of a PFD.

Message 2 of 3
lylesvegas
Contributor

Re: Collection Question ?

Thanks  llecs....Smiley Wink

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.