msloverpa

Collection Removed

Can anyone share some light on how to get a collection removed off credit report, I spoke to the people and paid the collection account in full, and they sent me a letter assuring me that once payment clears they will ensure that the account is deleted off my credit report and not state that paid.  Can anyone share some information about this situatiion and what else must I do to get this removed from my credit report as stated in the letter that was sent to me. HELP

Regular Contributor
Kartel34

Re: Collection Removed

I would assume that the letter you received is from the collection company, correct? If so , as stated in the letter once the payment has cleared it will be removed from your CR. from that point it is up to the collection company to contact the credit bureau and notify them of the update. Now it can take a week or up to 90 days for it to be deleted. From this point it's a waiting game.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}