cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Reporting Question

tag
JKBA527

Collection Reporting Question

If I paid the OC after it went to a CA, can it still be reported as a collection? 

I tried my first attempt at a GW email, and got a response that included, "once it goes to collections, there is nothing we can legally do about it"  I'm going to keep trying up the chain, but wanted to know if I have any argument in the fact that I didn't technically pay the CA. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection Reporting Question

@JKBA527 wrote:

If I paid the OC after it went to a CA, can it still be reported as a collection? 

I tried my first attempt at a GW email, and got a response that included, "once it goes to collections, there is nothing we can legally do about it"  I'm going to keep trying up the chain, but wanted to know if I have any argument in the fact that I didn't technically pay the CA. 

Thanks!

Did you pay the debt in full to the OC? And who did you email? What is showing on your reports? How old is the debt (DOFD, SOL for your state)? If you have paid the OC in full, then speaking with the OC about recalling the CA should get the CA completely off your back, in my opinion. But a little more info might help here.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JKBA527 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, GW letters to the CA not the OC at this point, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
JKBA527

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@JKBA527 wrote:

Thanks!

Did you pay the debt in full to the OC? And who did you email? What is showing on your reports? How old is the debt (DOFD, SOL for your state)? If you have paid the OC in full, then speaking with the OC about recalling the CA should get the CA completely off your back, in my opinion. But a little more info might help here.

Yes, the debt was paid in full to the OC.  I emailed the OC, hoping to start there.  The report shows it as a paid collection, but I am trying to get rid of it completely (if possible).  It's not that old (went to collection in 2013), so I have quite awhile before it falls off on it's own. 

I didn't even know it went to collections (thought it had been paid) until I saw it on my credit report when we went to apply for mortgage, so we're trying hard to get these off my account.  I have 3 very similar from the same surgery on my child, all with the same CA, all paid, but with two different OC (doctors office vs. hospital). 

Message 4 of 8
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

I'm in a same boat for a collection that is $110. It is paid I  full but my fitst attempt to the CA was unsuccessful with getting ofg my report. Anyone have any imput, I am all ears. 

Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@dreamer2014 wrote:

I'm in a same boat for a collection that is $110. It is paid I  full but my fitst attempt to the CA was unsuccessful with getting ofg my report. Anyone have any imput, I am all ears. 

Same thing for you as the OP, if its a paid collection continue GW letters to them...

Message 6 of 8
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Thanks gdale, I will  keep trying.

Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 7 of 8
JKBA527

Thanks gdale!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.