Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Shield 360 Success Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Shield 360 Success Story

A few days ago I stumbled across a post about Collection Shield 360 by NormanFH. I won't go into details about Collection Shield 360 themselves as you can click the link to the post and read the same thing I did or visit their website by doing a search for "Collection Shield 360".

After reading NormanFH's post I decided to give it a whirl. They work by linking to a Credit Karma report, which I was already signed up for. I had 2 collections on my report that I was planning to send PFD's to and then follow up with other methods if they did not work. One of the agencies is AFNI, which I read on this forum almost never does PFD's. So before moving forward on my own I decided to give CS360 a try.

I signed up and 2 days later they alerted me that they filed a dispute (or a debt validation?) with the AFNI account. They then enable a 45 day countdown where the agency has to provide proof of the debt within that window. Only 2 days later, today, I signed into CreditKarma to check on something else and there was an alert on my account that the AFNI collection had been deleted from my report!

This was a valid debt and I was not disputing that validity. My intention from the day I saw it (I was unaware of it until I started rebuilding my credit 2 weeks ago) was to simply pay it in full and try to have it removed via PFD or a GW letter. I don't have the details on why it was removed specifically, or anything else, but it's now gone. The CS360 website itself does not show that it has been removed or that there has been any update on the progress. I only learned about it through my CreditKarma account.

So, if anyone else is on the fence about trying Collection Shield 360, DO IT! It's absolutely free, they don't even ask for any payment information. But best of all, it really works! NormanFH had a similar experience in his thread and I encourage you to read that as well.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Shield 360 Success Story

OP, I don't think you can post links. You may want to remove it. Stating collection Shield 360 is enough for readers to figure out.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, I don't think you can post links. You may want to remove it. Stating collections shield 360 is enough for readers to figure out.

The link worked so I'm guessing you mean I'm not allowed as opposed to it being a technical issue. Can I ask what the reason for not posting links is? One of the links is to another thread here on myFICO.

As a software developer myself, I would think if they didn't want to allow links then they would disable that functionality and remove the button from the toolbar.

I apologize if I broke a rule and will remove the links. Thanks for the heads up, donny10.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you can't post links that are considered a Promotion of a credit repair organization. I could be wrong. Congratulations on your success.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thank you! I apologize and will remove the link right now. Thank you for the clarification!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, signed up with them. I haven't found any sort of negative reviews. I signed up Monday, and this evening received an email that they sent out the letters to the collection agencies.

Right after I enrolled, they called and gave me the run down, touched based, asked if I had questions. Very informative. I figured whatever they can't resolve, or if the debts come back, I could utilize these forums more aggressively and get these baddies off.

I'm excited (and hopeful) for some positive results. Keep us posted if anything else happens!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you any updates with the HW collection? Has it ever come back on your credit report?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.