Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection (Speeding Ticket)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection (Speeding Ticket)

Been lurking for awhile and finally wanted to post. I received a speeding ticket in Indiana for $150 (Not an Indiana resident.I am from NJ). I paid this ticket and apparently in 2012 they never got my paid ticket so they sent it to collections. Back then i didnt know about pay for delete and I was scared and thought if I paid it they would remove it.

I paid the $150 ticket and the collection agency department is giving me a hard time.

I didnt even know speeding tickets could be sent to collections. Ive done everything and disputed it but its not coming off my TU and EX collections.

I do have the receipts of the initial money order paymemt and im trying to get these off as im shopping for a mortgage in the next coming months.

Any suggestions on speeding ticket collections?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection (Speeding Ticket)

They are required to update the collection to show paid, $0 balance.

They are not required to delete the collection.

It is voluntary on their part.  I suggest contacting someone higher up in their management chain to request an exception to their standard no-dletin policy.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection (Speeding Ticket)

It is showing 0 balance and paid but the thing is this was paid initially so why did they send it to collections?

Ill have to contact management and such and show proof of initial payment. They basically made me pay twice.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.