Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection? WTH?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection? WTH?

Best of luck taz3261!

Thanks Robert, so far you have been of great help in understanding the process.

But where I think, I am either confused and/or worried. Is the fact, that Sprint never reported anything on my reports. No 30, 60, 90 day lates, Charge Off's, just nothing. This is great if you ask me, lovely! I never had a single negative on my reports when I applied for my American Express, Chase, and Kays. I had nothing until the new accounts reported. Maybe it woke them, DIVERSIFIED ADJUSTMENTS? That is when they appeared on my report, that about a week or two later had something in the mail. That later led to the phone call.

But alright, so since nothing has showed up from Sprint on my reports. There is nothing to PFD from them. But since my account shows a balance, I take it they still own it. But I am afraid to offer full payment to them, as they may then start reporting. Can they do this, it's been almost a year? But I think if I could get them to accept a payment, the account shows a zero. Then Diversified has nothing to collect on and I can just then dispute it and it falls off?

Also I located some of my e-mails where I even asked for early termination a while back, I of course do not have copy of my phone calls with them asking for such. My early termination was $110. But again, I am not look to negotiate the price. As I really want or need this off my report ASAP. I am willing to pay there full amount at a claim $233. Just so this can be done in a speedy process.

So from what I understand. I need to send PFD ASAP to Diversified? I guess to the address on my report? Has anyone had any luck with this company in doing so?

Also worse case scenario. I cannot get this of my report (Really do not want to pay if I cannot, as I can use the money on something I need). Will this affect me on getting a student loan at respectable terms? I am getting my GED soon, and want to go to school to better myself. So the student loan is important to me, more so then a home or car loan. That I cannot for see coming till at least 5-7 years.

~Steven

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.