cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection account - Question on how I can get it removed?....

tag
dceraso
Visitor

Collection account - Question on how I can get it removed?....

Hey all, I have been browsing these forums for quite some time and have successfully brought my score from low 400's up into the mid 500's in the past year THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!

I am curious as to how I can go about removing the following collection accounts-  

The Remit Corp. Balance: $6,421 it is showing as open and placed for collections but i have NO CLUE what this account is even for. What steps should I take to try and get this off of my report?

Also a collection for Portoflio Recovery Assoc. Balance: $889.00 I have disputed it but nothing dropped off. I believe this is for Cap 1 but it does not say that anywhere. no account numbers listed or even XXXXXX48 or whatever. 

Any advice would be fantastic!

PS - i recently got approved for credit one CL of $400 and looking forward to keep traveling this credit journey!

Sincerely,

Dominic.

==============
Current Scores: (Credit Karma)
TU: 543 | EQ: 553
Goal Scores:
700+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection account - Question on how I can get it removed?....

The DV process set forth under FDCPA 809 is primarily to address the types of concerns you raise, such as whether you owe/recognize an asserted debt, and who the original credit may be.

If, after becoming aware of an asserted collection either by way of receipt of a dunning notice or by seeing it in your credit report, you should send a request for debt validation to the debt collection, requesting that they validate the asserted debt and provide the name of the original creditor.

If they sent dunning notice, a DV should be sent within 30 days of that notice in order to be timely.

If you contest ever having such a debt, you also have the identity theft process under FCRA 605B to address its block from your credit report.

Block of information that is asserted to not have been authorized by you requires filing of a police report to support that assertion.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection account - Question on how I can get it removed?....

You can sign up for Credit Sheild 360 and link your credit karma to it . Its Free they got 3 collections removed for me
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.