Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection account mix up -

tag
hijinxu
Valued Member

Collection account mix up -

In January I received an unknown hard inquiry from Duvera Financial. I do know know this company - and I just found out about this on my recent pull from TU here on MyFICO.

Long story short - this company is a scam. However, I think my parents may have fallen victim to it. That is a whole different issue so I wont get into it.

My problem is that my dad was in contact with them, and they ran my credit info, and are threatening with collections. My Father and I have a same first and last name, but different middle.

Would you recomend locking my credit report to prevent them actually posting the collection? 

EQ: 611 | TU: 585 | EX 621 3/11/09 (EX thanks to my lender) also near 100% util
EQ: 570 | TU: 558 | EX:585 5/12/08
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection account mix up -

As far as I know, locking your reports won't keep them from reporting on your reports.

From what I've read, this is a CA.

If they have no account of yours, I would send a non-PP letter and file in court if they don't remove the inquiry.

What do you mean by "threatening collections" and who are they threatening?

Message 2 of 5
hijinxu
Valued Member

Well, that is the confusing part.

They are threatening 'firstname  lastname'. No middle initial. (so I cant be 100% sure, but they did check my credit in January as a hard inquiry) 

As stated before - we have the same name, but different middle initial. This crap always happens. I had over 10k in medical bills that were removed in the past, but never a collection.

I am being super careful right now because I am in the process of buying a house, and if this shows up before I get locked in, I am screwed. I plan on closing in august. If I cant get it removed by then, I will not be able to do FHA, and will most likely lose out on the 8k tax bonus. 

Can you point me to an example of the non-pp letter? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they calling or writing?

Whose address or phone number are they using?

Are they mentioning an OC or amount?

Message 4 of 5
hijinxu
Valued Member

Unfortunately my father and I have the same address. In an attempt to avoid having 50 different addresses on my credit report, I have kept home as my mailing address.

They are writing.

I sent them an email stating that they effed up and got this response. I will follow his instructions

"Dispute it with the credit bureau - For me to correct I would need your SSN which I don't want because as          you have seen that is no guaranteed they would get it right.

Sorry  

Richard Victor
     Director Of Billing and Collections 
     Duvera Financia
l"

Since is he requesting NOT to have me send my social and stuff, I am temped to beleive that this part of the company is on the up and up.

The OC is Vacation Network Inc.  They are a vacation scam company of some sort - They call and say you won a free vacation - blah blah. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.