Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection account removed unexpectedly

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Collection account removed unexpectedly

Anyone ever have a collection account just disappear one day? I don't want to name the CA, but its a CA that I have had a tough time getting to do anything. for me. They will only respond to my DV letters that I sent. But when it comes to PFDs, they simply ignore them. The very last thing I did with this collection account was a few weeks ago when I searched online for an email contact on the BBB website. Emailed them a PFD and even offered to settle if they are not willing to grant my PFD request. I just wanted some sort of reply back from them, or some communication. Since I use a read receipt (online app thing) I received a notification that my email was opened within an hour of sending it. It was opened a total of 5 times or more within the next few hours. No reply, no response from my email. Weeks go by, and now the unpaid collection account is now gone from my EX report. However its still on my EQ report. It was never reported on TU, or at least I dont believe it did. But geez, if it can just go away on EQ, it will be oh so great! The last time I had a collection account removed, it was removed first on EX, then later EQ and TU removed. I was hoping this is the case with this collection account, but after days now, I dont know if will go away on EQ.  Still hoping and crossing my fingers!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection account removed unexpectedly

My guess is that they may have sold the debt to be rid of the headache.  If that is the case, you may see a new collection pop up from the new owner.

Deletion of a collection that did not occur as a result of a dispute resolution has no implication of why they deleted, and thus does not preclude further reporting, even by them.  And deletion with one CRA does not compel deletion with the others except when the deletion was the outcome of inaccuracy or non-verification determined via a dispute resolution.

Time will tell.....

Message 2 of 4
Datx
Valued Contributor

Oh noes, I havent really thought about the debt being sold to another CA. I thought I was already dealing with the worst junk debt buyer ever. Maybe the next one would be more willing to do a PFD or at least reply to my PFD request. We'll see...

Message 3 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Or you could be lucky.  My AFNI collection basically disappeared and I still owed on it.  I think they got sick of me. IDK what happened.  (I knew it was going to disappear just because I was calling AFNI yet again to beg for PFD, they told me they were deleting as a courtesy).

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.