cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection account thats not my fault?

tag
bigstick1973

Collection account thats not my fault?

Long story short. My daughter had some dental work done they summited the claims to my insurance they were denied. i had to apeal the un paid claims. this whole thing took around 6 months. i was in contact with the hospital threw out this process because the bills totaled over 12k. in the mean time they summited one of the bills for 1260.00 to a collection. this collection is now on all 3 of my reports. the claims were all paid after my apeal including the one summited to collections. i have called both the hospital and the collection company to have this removed with no luck at all. iv also disputed it with all 3 credit companies with no luck to remove. can someone tell me how i can get this removed? this really isnt my fault that it went to collection.

thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection account thats not my fault?

So have you started with a simple GW?  If that didn't work, I'd file a BBB complaint with them, and maybe file a 623 Direct Dispute with the hospital.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
bigstick1973

Sorry i do not know what a "GW" Is. I have spoken to the hospital witch has told me that they did everything right. i have disputed the item with all 3 credit compaines. and they will not remove it.

Message 3 of 8
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@bigstick1973 wrote:

Sorry i do not know what a "GW" Is. I have spoken to the hospital witch has told me that they did everything right. i have disputed the item with all 3 credit compaines. and they will not remove it.

GW is Goodwill Letter. I would do a search here on MyFico to learn more about Goodwill Letters.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 4 of 8
bigstick1973

Someone that the collection company reported this to the credit companies. im guessing that same person would have the same power to remove this. How or who do i need to speak with to have them remove this. I just worte up a collection validation letter because i never recived anything about this it just showed up on my credit report. i called them and they had my old addrerss on file so i never even got anything in the mail about the collection. do you think this collection validation letter will help get this removed. since 1 the collection was paid and 2 they didnt even notfiy me about it.

Message 5 of 8
parakleet
Valued Contributor

I recommend posting under the rebuilding section. You may get more helpful responses there. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 6 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It's possible that they will delete with the DV, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  I'd write a simple GW too and get that ready.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 8
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@bigstick1973 wrote:

Long story short. My daughter had some dental work done they summited the claims to my insurance they were denied. i had to apeal the un paid claims. this whole thing took around 6 months. i was in contact with the hospital threw out this process because the bills totaled over 12k. in the mean time they summited one of the bills for 1260.00 to a collection. this collection is now on all 3 of my reports. the claims were all paid after my apeal including the one summited to collections. i have called both the hospital and the collection company to have this removed with no luck at all. iv also disputed it with all 3 credit companies with no luck to remove. can someone tell me how i can get this removed? this really isnt my fault that it went to collection.

thanks

My question is out of the blue, but was anything in the appeal found in your favor?  Have you gone to a credit assistance company?  Have you worked with your states insurance Bureau?  Have you paid on the claims? Have you called your local or state representative to help you with this?  Hey, they say our insurance is good; they can help clean up the mess, because it's not.

I had a similar situation with a hospital.  It took me two years to clean it up.  In the end, my local board of supervisor got the insurance company to pay (fortunately for me, I hadn't paid toward the claims & my insurance was supplied by county government).  What really ticked me off & delighted me(because someone else was paying the claim) was that a bill that was 12K when they were coming after me, was only 4K for the insurance company. 

Anyway, after is was agreed that the insurance had to make the payments, I was able to get everything removed. If you are not in that position, then get PFD (pay for deletion) and be sure you get the letter from them in writing.  If you work with a credit counseling agency, they will know if other stuff should have been offered.

In my case, when the insurance didn't pay, the hospital should have told me about some method that would reduce the bill (I don't remember what it was, because my Board of Supervisor came through for me and I didn't take that route).

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.