Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection account

Hi everyone.

I recently received an e-mail through my credit monitoring service that a new collection account has been added to my report. I recognized it as being from a major hospital in my area but I didn't recognize the amount. After calling the agency, the amount (Less than $150.00) was what was left from the delivery of my son after my down-payment and insurance (I was told we wouldn't owe any more- so I never expected a bill).  We moved three weeks after his birth and although we immediately used mail forwarding we had issues for a couple of months receiving our mail. I never received any bills or calls from the hospital. This was in July of 2015. I haven't received any mail or calls from the collection agency. They state they mailed us 1 letter but no calls. They say if I pay the balance they will report it as paid. I am so angry. I have worked extremely hard to repair my credit and finally have a good credit score- now this. Is there anything I can do to dispute it since I never received any letters? Obviously they won't believe me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection account

Best bet is to get the OC to recall the debt. I will give you the normal procedures to follow with medical debts.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.