Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection account

Capio Partners
How to get rid of this account? I have a balance of $1,849 which is an emergency room visit from October 2013 (no insurance) I contacted this company to settle with a paid deletion and the answer was no and I told them I won't pay until I know that they will agree to delete! I also asked them not to contact me unless they can meet my request! Hard headed employees don't listen I already received multiple call backs! The manager even called me back! If it wasn't my goal to purchase a house I wouldn't care but I need to know what else I can do?!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection account

If you wish them to cease communications, you must sent a formal cease communication letter in writing.  FDCPA 805(c).

If you send a formal cease communication letter, then it will also prevent them from any response if/when you send any settelement offers of PFD requests, so it should only be done if you truly wish to sever communications.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok will do I'll guess I'll google a sample letter
Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sample cease communication letter is straightforward.

"This is a notification under FDCPA 805(c) that you are to cease further communication with me regarding this debt."

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok will do I'll guess I'll google a sample letter

It's worth to note that once you send them a C&D letter, the collections agency may decide to take you to court since they have no other avenue to collect the alleged debt.

I have sent a C&D letter before but that's because I knew with 100% certainty that the SOL in my state had already expired so the collections agency would not be successful taking me to court.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google HIPAA method

Message 6 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I removed your duplicate post on this, please only post 1 thread on the same topic going forward, i thank you for your understanding.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We sent a DV letter to them (via certified mail) and we got an answer back saying that they hadn't had enough time to investigate and come to find out, the tradeline had been deleted from CR

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

A paid collection will not hold you back from a mortgage if your scores are high enough. OTOH, an UNPAID item of almost 2K almost certainly WILL hold you back. They KNOW this. The truth is that you cannot FORCE them to come to your terms.

If you do not wish to get phone calls from them, but you DO want them to be able to agree to a settlement in the future, then a simple PFD offer letter stating that all telephone calls are to be considered "inconvenient", and that further communications regarding this debt are to be conducted via US mail. If you send a standard Cease Communications letter, you will almost certainly force them to take you to court to resolve it.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to deal with this company in the past. The account was within the SOL but they were willing to settle for 40% of the debt. They were not willing to delete the account. On my report it is listed as Paid in full settlement. I recently was approved for a home improvement loan and the loan officer stated that is I had not paid this account my application would not have been approved. So even though I could not get a deletion I no longer have to worry about this account reporting or lawsuits.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.