Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection accounts from the city treasurer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection accounts from the city treasurer

After recently pulling up my credit report, I found a few charge off marks from the city treasurer re: 2 accounts i do not recall at all. How do i go about validating these accounts? Should I treat them as any OC or CA or should I go about them in a different approach such as calling and asking about the debt? If they were to validate the debt and it is mines, what are the chances they would be willing to do a PFD? Is the city collection agency any different from a credit card creditor or a CA? The 2 charges were charged as of 12/2007, would it do any good to my credit score to try and resolve this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection accounts from the city treasurer

I would say it depends on what they are for.  I am not sure what types of incidents the city treasurer would send to collections.

I would either go in or call them and find out what they are for.  If they are not yours, have them send you any paperwork they have.

If they are yours, ask them if you PIF would they remove them from your CR.  All they can say is no.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.