Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection accounts still updating monthly

tag
its_mona
New Contributor

Re: Collection accounts still updating monthly

I should add that I was sort of incorrect since it is actually the medical bills that keep updating monthly.
scores as of 9/5/16| EX 676| EQ 622| TU 649

Message 11 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@its_mona wrote:
I should add that I was sort of incorrect since it is actually the medical bills that keep updating monthly.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 12 of 17
its_mona
New Contributor

Already spoke with the original creditor and they said that they would only notify the ca to mark it as paid but that it would still stay for the alloted period if time which is 7years...

Message 13 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@its_mona wrote:
Already spoke with the original creditor and they said that they would only notify the ca to mark it as paid but that it would still stay for the alloted period if time which is 7years...

Then move on to step 3 or try step 1 if you have not already done so.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 14 of 17
its_mona
New Contributor

Gonna look into the Charity Care never heard of that before, but they definitely wont pull it back that was the reason for my call. I will try the PFD and look into thw HIPAA and see what I find, might take a lil while since the goal is to take care of the other two first. Thanks for your reply, I will be sure to let you kniw how it turns out. Question, I have something else with the same CA that is supposed to fall off this summer you think it's best to wait until thats gone? It's a balance from a repossed and sold car.

Message 15 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@its_mona wrote:
Gonna look into the Charity Care never heard of that before, but they definitely wont pull it back that was the reason for my call. I will try the PFD and look into thw HIPAA and see what I find, might take a lil while since the goal is to take care of the other two first. Thanks for your reply, I will be sure to let you kniw how it turns out. Question, I have something else with the same CA that is supposed to fall off this summer you think it's best to wait until thats gone? It's a balance from a repossed and sold car.

I would call the CRAs and see if you can get them to remove it with an early exclusion and if not then just let it drop. Once its dropped and it is past states SOL then you can settle with them for much less if you wish. Collectors may still try to collect on it past CRTP & SOL there is no law stopping them unless you live in WI or MS these are the only 2 states that legislate the debt dead at expiration of SOL.

Message 16 of 17
its_mona
New Contributor

Oh ok that's good info. The reason I called the Dr's first was because I didn't want to mess with the CA because of that other bill. It's $2100 and honestly I hadn't planned on paying it because its so old and dropping off soon. Was worried about them saying something like oh you have this other thing here too, whatcha gonna do about it. But if I decide not to pay it can they put it back on my credit report?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.