cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agencies not reporting to credit bereau. Can i get them deleted off report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection agencies not reporting to credit bereau. Can i get them deleted off report?

New to this site and plan to use it a lot. Just checked my credit scores and I'm not too happy! The highest one is 567. I am trying to get them up to mid 600's or higher so I can qualify to buy a house within a year. I have 4 collection agencies on there and a charge off for a car that has been repossessed. 2 of the collection agencies are not reporting to the credit bereaus every month, could I get those deleted or just leave it alone? Also, the charge off account is reporting every month, though I haven't recieved anything form them in months. Total debt of the 4 collection agencies is a little over 1000.00 Any advice?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection agencies not reporting to credit bereau. Can i get them deleted off report?

Where did you get your scores?

If the accounts, with the CA,  are beyond SOL or you can PIF, then I would send a DV to the CA. Keep it short and simple.

Something like "I pulled my report and notice you are reporting a debt that I allegedly owe. In accordance with FDCPA 809, please send me validation of this debt, including a copy of the debt or judgment. The account number listed on my CR is XXXXXXX (Or state partial acct # if you only know it).".

What is the DOFD on the charge off? What is the DOFD on the collections?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.