Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency can raise up the debt

tag
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

Collection agency can raise up the debt

hi everyone the CA can raise you debt and report lake new collection account is happening, to me any avase 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection agency can raise up the debt

@xautodetail wrote:

hi everyone the CA can raise you debt and report lake new collection account is happening, to me any avase 

Yes they can raise the balance with fees and interest that keep adding up and report it every month if they wish, there is nothing illegal about that and yes it keeps your score depressed as it looks like a new collection in the eyes of Fico and it cant age.

Message 2 of 8
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

OK thank you i try to talk to PFD and the said is not accept PFD is only 99.00 before now is 119 

Message 3 of 8
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

this collection is 12/12 i can make offer for settle out

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@xautodetail wrote:

OK thank you i try to talk to PFD and the said is not accept PFD is only 99.00 before now is 119 

Well if they wont do the PFD you might want to pay it off and switch to GW letters after a period of time, you will need to decided this, if its one thats near CRTP then I would probably just let it age off then settle it for pennies on the dollar, if its a newer one that would be a different story. If this happens to be medical debt you may want to Google the HIPAA Process and check into it. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try sending a letter to them with the check, indicating in the letter/notice, that by cashing the check, they agree to remove the negative credit reporting.  Pay it in full, it's a smal balance.  Use Handwriting in your letter, not typing.  See where that takes you - keep a copy of the notice for yourself + the copy of the M.O. or check.  Since it is a small balance they may not want to go the extra mile to remove it from reporting.

Message 6 of 8
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

I try to make deal this is what happening i pay one of the 3 collection the i have and the agree to remover of my CR so went i call two months later she talk me the company not remover from the CR only update to pay so now is increased form 99 to 119.

So this is Cort fee i unspoken to the Cort and then talk me i can pay to the Cort and the Cort report to the CA the i pay by the original charger  is 99 if i pay to the Cort the CA try to collect the 19 remain  what is my best choice.

Message 7 of 8
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

all my collection is back 2011 and 2012 i ready pay more the 15 some is other not i only have 4 left and is the hard, not matter if I pay still on my CR i not going anywhere my scores i will take forever to go up

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.