cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency closed, any hope for a delete?

tag
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Collection agency closed, any hope for a delete?

Hey everyone, I good wiled my collection and they ended up removing from 2/3 of the CRA's, they didn't remove it from transunion, much to my surprise the agency closed shortly after doing my delete... I was hoping they would goodwill it off my final report to help my transunion skyrocket up but it seems very doubtful now. The question is p, is there anything I can do regarding this? They willing deleted the other two but didn't do the third, I never disputed the debt. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection agency closed, any hope for a delete?

Dispute it and state your desired resolution as deletion.  When they don't reply it will be deleted.

Message 2 of 6
DE2TX
Established Member

What do you mean they closed? Did they go out of business? It's awfully hard to verify an account with a company that doesn't exist.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am assuming the debt was paid.

The collection should show a balance of $0 and a status of closed.

Deltion with the other CRAs was totally voluntary on their part, and is not basis for requesting deletion with the remaining CRA.  They apparetly wished to simply, but not remove all record of their collection.

Unless you identify and present basis for assertion of some inaccuracy in their reporting, there is no basis for a dispute under the FCRA.

If you do dispute, ther presumably is some mechanism in place for the handling of residual business matters by the heir to their assets/liabilities.

The direct dispute rules at 16 CFR 660.4 provide for address of any direct dispute to their published business address.  Send it to their last know address, or if you know the heir to their business dealings, to that heir.

It appears that your remedy is by way of continued request for good-will deletion, not a dispute showing inaccuracy in their reporting.

Message 4 of 6
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

If you wrote to them I am guessing they wrote you back, send that photo copied letter off to TU with a dispute and it will be removed from your report.

If they never wrote you back and it just went away, maybe their mistake when selling to a new company and re-entering the information.

Message 5 of 6
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

@japakar wrote:

If you wrote to them I am guessing they wrote you back, send that photo copied letter off to TU with a dispute and it will be removed from your report.

If they never wrote you back and it just went away, maybe their mistake when selling to a new company and re-entering the information.

I actually called the, and left a message,  I made s thread about it because only when dealing with the whole situation with my student loans did I found out they had removed the collection from equifax and Experian.

the story goes as follows, I took a burmese python to a exotic vet, new vet only second visit, I paid in full the first time and got a recipt, second time I was given a total and paid it, I was told it was paid off.... Well they never told me it wasn't and was due 30 days later, they also made no attempt to call me before giving it to the collection agency when it was ep days late, I had NO idea of this, the collection agency was calling me via private number and leaving only his Name, no number no nothing, no idea why he kept calling, he only called between 1-3 and I was a overnight worker with a second job during the day and Always missed it, finally out of the blue they call me on Sunday night at like 7 pm or so and not from a private number, I answered and you can guess how mad I was with this, I asked for a pay for delete but never got it in writing, my biggest mistake, only after pulling my credit report shortly after I started reading here and a long time before I joined did I see what happened with this whole situation, between this and my student loan I've had a ad few years, but besides the misreporting the loans were my fault.

It  still remains, I don't know why they or should I say him and his son there were only 2 of them, removed it from Experian and equifax but not transunion. I'm going to stop by the address listed by the bob but I know shortly before they closed as the link said they had a huge complaint with the BBB

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.