cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency listed as an account???? Who else has this problem?

tag
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Collection agency listed as an account???? Who else has this problem?

I have a collection account with AFNI. they have validated, but I noticed that it is not listed as a collection account, but rather in my revolving account area on the CRA's. I contacted them yesterday via email, and told them they are in violation of the fair credit reporting act (I may have stretched this a little bit Smiley Happy ) and requested that they remove this TL imediatly. The email bounced around to a few people at AFNI ( i can track who reads my emails) and this is the response I recieved around 7pm last night.

Dear XXXXXXX,  <----------- first name only? Are these people now friends? HAHA I think not!!

Thank you for your inquiry. We have received your dispute and are investigating. We will contact you in writing with the results.

Collector Support
Recovery Team │ Receivables Management
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Afni, Inc.
404 Brock Drive
Bloomington, IL 61701
p. 1-866-716-1284
f.  309-820-7083
e. recoveryteam@afni.com

www.afnicollections.com

Hours: Monday through Friday 7 AM - 9 PM CST

This communication is from a debt collector.  If this message is in relation to the collection of the debt, any information obtained will be used for that purpose. You have a right to inspect your credit. We are required under state law to notify consumers of the following rights. This does not mean that there are more or less rights afforded to a consumer in another state. This list does not contain a complete list of the rights consumers have under federal or state law.

Colorado                                  Collection Agency Board in the Department of Law, 1525 Sherman Street, 5th                                                                                                                                                                             Floor,     Denver, CO 80203.

Minnesota                        This collection agency is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Commerce

New York                         New York City Department of Consumer Affairs license number # 1072175

North Carolina                      Permit Number 100517

Tennessee                       The collection agency is licensed by the collection service board of the department of commerce and insurance

Message Edited by oneboss302 on 09-03-2009 08:02 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection agency listed as an account???? Who else has this problem?

They are reporting mine as a collection account.  I sent an email 3 days ago and they have not yet responded.  How do you track who gets it?

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

all emails I send are sent using my gmail account and sent through Microsoft outlook. In MS Outlook you can request a read receipt, which will email you back each time someone reads the email. It also tells you the persons email ADDRESS which read it. this is VERY helpful because I have a lot of names to people in the recovery department with AFNI now. LOL

Message 3 of 8
boireann
Regular Contributor

Midland and Palisades have always reported in the accounts section instead of as a collection on all of my reports.  I've never been able to get that fixed with either of them.  It's been extremely frustrating!

01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 4 of 8
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Im not letting this slide!!! this is my LAST BADDIE!! I have been able to go from 7 collection accounts, down to THIS LAST ONE in just over 2 months. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!. I plan on paying the OC directly next payday       ($200.00) and then AFNI will dissapear. I am hopeful though that since I went at them on the incorrect reporting on their part, that they will delete this before I even get to pay the OC. (fyi... I have paid the oc directly in the past and the collection dropped within day's (nco and afni).
Message 5 of 8
boireann
Regular Contributor

According the the BBB they actually have an A+ rating.  What a shocker that is. 

This is from the BBB website

Name:Afni, Inc.
Phone:  (877) 403-0670
Fax:  (309) 828-0931
Address:404 Brock Dra

Bloomington, IL 61701-2654
Google Map
www.afnicollections.com
Original Business Start Date:January 1936
Principal:Mr. Ronald L. Green, President/COO
Customer Contact:Ms. Amy Crawford, Compliance Associate
Email Address:recoveryteam@afninet.com
Employees:625
Type of Business:Collection Agencies
BBB Accreditation:Afni, Inc. is a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names:Afni/Bloom
Anderson Financial Network, Inc.
Anderson Financial Network
AFNI

Try calling the compliance department directly to work on this.  That's worked for a few people as well.  And google them looking for name of other employees you could contact via phone/email. 

01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 6 of 8
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the Info.. Im on it like flies on......Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

This is a copy of the email that I just sent off to the CEO and the Compliance officer at AFNI. Let's see what happens.

Dear Ms. Crawford,

I am writing this to inform you that AFNI is incorrectly and illegally reporting a debt to the credit bureaus. The alleged debt is being listed as a closed revolving  account and not as a collection account as well as being noted as a 120+ day past due. As I am sure that you are aware, I have no consumer account with AFNI and therefore cannot be listed as past due or as revolving. I am requesting that this trade line be deleted from all three major credit reporting agencies and that AFNI cease collection efforts.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.